Chocolate Fondant with Ricotta is an easy to make, delicious and mouthwatering dessert recipe.
To mark its 20th anniversary, Capsicum Culinary Studio, South Africa’s largest culinary school, launched its Chef Talent Scout competition earlier this year, with more than R500 000 in bursaries to be won.
The entrants were asked to submit a recipe and a two-minute video of a dish they had created and send it to their preferred Capsicum campus: Rosebank, Boksburg, Pretoria, Durban, Nelson Mandela Bay, or Cape Town.
One of the six winners was 19-year-old Palesa Ramalale from Hospital View in Tembisa. Palesa, who will be taking up the bursary in 2024 and studying for an Advanced Professional Chef course, shared her recipe of her winning dish with The Citizen.
ALSO READ: Recipe of the day: Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Chocolate Fondant with Ricotta Recipe
- 170g 70% dark chocolate
- 150g butter
- 2 eggs
- 43g sugar
- 15g flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 5 ramekins with butter, coat with flour and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until pale and thick.
- Add the flour and whisk until well incorporated.
- When the butter and chocolate have melted, slowly add it to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. Remove and leave to rest.
Keywords: Chocolate fondant
- 1½ cups full cream
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cottage cheese.
- 5ml vanilla essence.
- Whisk the cream in a blender and gradually add the caster sugar.
- Add the cottage cheese and continue blending.
- Finally, add the vanilla essence and give a final whisk to incorporate.
- Serve the fondant and ricotta on a plate and garnish with strawberries and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
*This recipe was send by Janine Walker/Capsicum Culinary Studio